- What information we collect
- The legal basis for processing we use in relation to processing your personal data
- How we use your personal information and how long we keep it for
- Who we share your information with and on what basis
- How you can control our use of your personal information
- Your rights
- Who to contact if you want more information
When we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you as soon as you access our website www.nextgenu.co.uk using a smartphone or computer. The specific information we collect depends on whether you are a customer or a website visitor. If you buy a product from our website, you become a customer of Next Gen U. The specific information we collect is detailed below in the What personal information we collect section of this document.
What personal information we collect on our website
The personal information we collect from you when you access our website comes in two parts: the information you give us when you complete our website forms, and the information we automatically gather from the device you use to access our website.
Information you give Next Gen U: this includes the following data items (although you can visit and use our website without giving us this information, if you do not place a transaction or an enquiry during your web visit to us):
- Your first name or initial, and surname
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your postal address
Information from your device: when you access a website using a smartphone, TV (browser enabled), tablet, laptop or desktop computer, your device will exchange information with www.nextgenu.co.uk to maximise the speed of the site and provide the optimum navigation for your device. Without this information, Next Gen U cannot ensure the optimum browsing experience and ease-of-use when buying products. To do this, our website may acquire the following information:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address: your IP address indicates your location, unless you are using a VPN service
- Device: what type of device you are using (TV, smartphone, laptop, desktop)
- OS (Operation system): what operating system your device has (IOS, Android, Windows, Linux, MAC OS X)
- Browser & browser version: which web browser you are using (Internet Explorer/Edge, Opera, Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Domain: depending on your device and browser settings, we sometimes identify the web address of the domain you came from before landing on our website
- Clickstream data: this is a list of all the web pages that you visited, and the order you viewed them in, on each visit to www.supplementcentre.com. We also record how much time you spend on each web page, and record any actions you make on each page. We also record what items you place in the web shopping basket, even if you do not purchase them
- Cookies: these are small text files that our website places on your device, so that our website can remember something about you at a later time and optimise the website for your visit. There are also some third-party cookies we place on your device.
Why we collect your personal information
There are three main purposes for gathering your personal information: for marketing activities, for deliveries, and for transaction processing.
Transaction processing: when you purchase a product from our website, you become a customer of Next Gen U, so we retain personal information on you whilst you remain an active customer of ours and also for a short time when you no longer order from us. When you make an enquiry about a product of ours, we also retain the personal information you give us in your enquiry for a limited period of time. Our Data Retention policy below explains how long we keep your personal information. In all cases for transaction processing, our legal basis for processing your personal data is contract.
Deliveries: We will need to print your name and address on delivery notes and despatch labels, in order to deliver any goods you order from us. Please note that in order to resolve delivery queries once goods are on their way to you, that we may print your phone number on the despatch label to aid the courier in the event of a query about your delivery. Our couriers destroy any personal data provided by us once your goods have been delivered.
- Product offers: from time to time Next Gen U will send you discounted product offers via email , SMS or post. These offers are based on our knowledge of the products you have ordered or enquired about and your visits to our website, if you have visited it. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest
- Inserts: Next Gen U will sometimes include inserts from carefully selected and reputable organisations into your deliveries. Please note that at the time of writing, it is not possible to opt out of these inserts. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
- Surveys: We occasionally survey portions of our customer and website visitor database to find out more about your experience using Next Gen U and to find out how we can improve our service delivery to you. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest
- Site optimisation: the device-level information we automatically gather about you allows us to optimise the speed and performance of the website for you. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest
- Anonymous web analytics: Next Gen U aggregates and anonymises all your activity on our website for traffic analysis, to help measure and improve the website performance. We also use this anonymised data to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Your personal data is anonymised in this process, so there is no requirement under GDPR for a legal basis for processing
- Business Insight: your personal data and any order history goes into our business insight platform. We use this application to gain detailed insight into how to improve our product and service offering to you, and to also create statistical models to predict your likely purchasing intentions in the future. You can request that your data is removed from this business insight process by contacting our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest, you can request that we remove your details from our business insight process
How we protect and where we store your personal information
The personal information we collect about you is stored within our secure UK IT Data Centre. No identifiable personal information is stored or shipped to non-UK/EU locations. Your personal information is stored in databases which are encrypted at rest, providing the highest level of security. All personal information is moved to and from our website www.nextgenu.com via an HTTPS connection, which means that the transfer of data is also encrypted. Access to your personal data held on databases managed by Next Gen U or its' authorised subcontractors, is granted only when there is a need to use the data, no permanent access exists.
Next Gen U is amending our IT policies to further protect your personal information by adopting 'Privacy by Design', an information management standard that seeks to anonymise personal data held in commercial databases to further protect that information.
How long we keep your personal information
Next Gen U will only use your personal information for as long as you remain a customer, and for a short time after your last order. The maximum amount of time that Next Gen U will retain your personal information in a data archive, is seven years, except in the event of a legal dispute. This seven-year limit is based on the legal requirement to maintain details of transactions as described in the Companies Act 2006. We have listed below how long we store your personal information for, which depends on your relationship with Next Gen U.
If you made a purchase from us: we will keep the information you gave us and details of what you bought for up to seven years from the date of the last transaction with us. After that time your personal data will be anonymised, but we will keep your purchase and marketing history.
If you enquired about a product, but did not make a purchase: we will keep the information we have on you as an enquirer for up to three years. After that time your personal data will be anonymised, but we will keep your enquiry and marketing history.
If you wrote to us: we will keep any correspondence with you for six years, although we do keep this information longer if your correspondence is a complaint.
This privacy statement reflects the rights that you have under the General Data Protection Regulation, which specifically charges Next Gen U with providing you access to your personal information, and to ensure that your data is used appropriately & securely with specific reference to the rights of you, the data subject. Those rights regarding your personal data are as follows:
- The right to access a copy of your personal information that we hold
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data, if doing so causes you distress
- The right to prevent Next Gen U processing your data for direct marketing purposes
- The right to object to decisions being taken using automated means that includes your personal data
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or destroyed
- The right to have your data erased from our IT infrastructure
- The right to data portability
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your data
You can find out more about your rights regarding your personal data in the UK from the Office of the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk.
Data Controller: under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), organisations that collect, process and store your personal information are defined as Data Controllers, which makes Next Gen U the Data Controller for your personal data collected from our website.
Data Subject: GDPR classifies individuals as data subjects. So you, the customer or enquirer of Next Gen U are a data subject under GDPR if you purchase or enquire about our products.
Data Processor: a data processor is an organisation other than the data controller, who processes your personal data on behalf of the data controller. A good example of this is PayPal, who are one of the payment processing options for any products that you buy online. The data processors who handle your personal information gathered by our website have the same duty of care in handling your personal information.
Next Gen U